Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration & Anderson

I'm hobbling around like an old man. Knee's cut up and my left wrist is JACKED. Oh well, just comes with the territory I guess.

Tried out my bus route to get to Anderson Truck Trail today. It takes a while and you have to transfer between buses and the trolley, but it does get you pretty close to the start of the World Cup section. There is a short, but heinously steep climb on the road before the trailhead, but it's well worth it. I was alone, so I decided to take my time and just learn the individual features of the trail instead of just tearing down as fast as possible.

Some of the drops and jumps are out of this world. I surprised myself, though, as I attempted and landed most of them. I fell a few times of course (hence the sore wrist) but felt comfortable overall. Once I'd made my way down past the majority of the jumps, I turned around and hiked back up to the top, where I'd left an Arnold Palmer for motivation. After taking a short break, I geared up one last time and headed down to the bottom, linking all the areas together and tying together a killer run. Just as the World Cup section ended I came upon two other riders. We chatted for a little while and then rode the rest of the way together. I was able to catch a ride with one of them back to San Diego, so I didn't have to sit in a bus for two hours looking like I fell off a train.



I didn't photograph much, but did get a couple video segments before the battery on my camera died. Now I'm going to watch the inauguration online, soak my sore bones, and eat some tacos.

No comments: