Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas in Ojai

I lucked out BIG TIME when Tony and Eva came to visit. They let me come along for Eva's Christmas celebration. We spent a night at her parents' house in Carlsbad and then headed to Ojai the next morning to see her Aunt and Uncle, Laura and Rocky.



Their place was magnificent and the two of them were some of the best hosts ever! The place was set on the top of a mountain, surrounded by five acres of avacado trees and some of the most beautiful sights imaginable. They have seven dogs and the entire property is fenced in, so I was able to let Dignon and Andy's two dogs run around all five acres. Rocky (Eva's Uncle) fabricates custom motorcycle saddles (Bill Mayer Saddles) and served as an encyclopedia on great drives for me to check out on my way back to Richmond. The feast was great and the company - even better! I was served a piece of steak larger than my head (it was delicious). They even gave me a Christmas gift.

No comments: