Sunday, October 15, 2017

Falls Lake (North Carolina)



This year I decided to sell my DH rig (Giant Glory) in order to downsize to an enduro bike. After a couple of weeks, I found a buyer in South Carolina. He agreed to drive halfway if I did the same, so we chose Durham, NC as our rendezvous point. The sale went smoothly and soon I was heading back home. On the way back, however, I stopped by Falls Lake State Recreation Area for an XC ride at a new location.



MTBproject listed the South Loop as a black diamond, so naturally I had to give it a try. It wasn't as technical as I'd hoped, but still a great trail. The dogs kept up with me until the end, when they started to lag behind a bit.



If I ever find myself in that part of the state again, I'll certainly return for another loop, perhaps tying in the rest of their trail network for a more exhaustive ride.



I still haven't decided whether the enduro bike will replace my Canfield. Next weekend I'll be driving to Bedford, PA to purchase the new ride - a Scott Genius LT. I'll be riding it at Blue Mountain and an XC destination yet to be determined. Hopefully the two days of riding will help prove the feasability of using the one bike to tackle either style of riding.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: