Sunday, July 30, 2017

Chickahominy River (Lanexa, VA)



With my previous board beginning to delaminate and take on water, it was time to retire it for a new one. Once the Hyperlite Franchise board and Remix bindings were in, I was itching to get onto the water to test them out.



Even though we had minimal weight in the boat, the board performed well - giving me decent pop off the less-than-superb wake. I can't wait to try it out once we load the interior with friends!



One of the highlights of the trip was the fact that we took the motorcycle there. Rebecca and I strapped the board in place of the center box and it actually worked rather well. We took Route 5 as far a Charles City Courthouse, then north along 151 to Providence Forge. The stretch on Route 5 is beside the Virginia Capital Trail, passing vineyards and old plantations along the way.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: