Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shenandoah 100

The Shenandoah 100 mountain bike race is a tough one to finish. Last year I threw in the towel at the fourth aid station (somewhere around 45 miles). This year, however, I was determined to finish. I pulled in a time of 11:31:52 with three flats and a comfortable pace. Three other teammates of mine also completed the race. Jason Hopkins came in at 11:32:58. Roger Sattler finished with a time of 11:51:39. Joe Fish blew us away, though, with a time of 9:41:19!

The best part about this year's race was the bus and its crew. In past years I've just driven with other racers, but this time we brought along three guests (and my dog), which was perfect for the three-day weekend. The event was huge this year with over 550 riders and having some friends to share the event with was great.

No comments: