Saturday, April 1, 2023

Wave Daze - Spring 2023 (Virginia Beach, VA)



With all the dirt biking and snowboarding happening recently, I'd almost forgotten about jet skis! Maybe it was just winter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luckily, the Superjet started right up when I removed the battery tender and pushed the button - whew!

On a cold Thursday morning I headed east to the shores of Virginia Beach. Although I arrived with plenty of time to ride, I decided to simply unload the ski, get signed up, and wait out the 55 degree day for the promise of a Friday in the 70's.

The next morning, a quick look at the surf report indicated no need to hurry, with the largest waves arriving around 5pm.

By noon I was setting up my spot on the beach and heading into the chilly waters for my first ride.

Knocking off the cobwebs and simply enjoying the thrill of staying upright, I wasn't out to learn any new tricks (I'm 42, I don't learn ANY new tricks). It was fun, though, to feel the thrill of boosting off a wave or carving into one about to break!

That night I visited a friend that works at Love Song's back bar, before returning to the Schooner Inn. In the morning, the rain had moved in, so I packed up my gear and headed home rather than stand out in the wet to spectate.

Although the weather didn't cooperate this year, it was still a great way to start the season and get back in the tray of the stand-up.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: