Sunday, July 30, 2023

VCHSS River's Edge (Sandy Level, VA)



After more than a month off the dirt bike, I was excited to jump back on the YZ for a run in the woods!



Our heat was relatively full this time around with twelve of us lining up in the 40+C class.



Slick red clay was the theme of the race, so I decided to play it safe and improve my lap times by staying on the bike. Even with that mindset, I did slide out a few times. None, however, resulted in a stalled bike, so I was usually up and running again quickly.



The course featured tight wooded sections that opened up to field sections with whoops and jumps. On the first lap I took my time, but each lap after that I felt comfortable sending the bike into the air, as I'm gaining more and more confidence doing so.



By the end of four laps I'd reached 3rd place, a finish I was happy to accept given the lack of riding beforehand.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: