Sunday, May 7, 2023

VCHSS Blue Ridge (Martinsville, VA)



After two days on the supermoto track, I think my legs were feeling a bit too "jello-ey" to be much of a competitor.

As usual, I was kickstarting while the rest of my class sped away from the start line, but luckily I knew the immediate bottleneck waiting just feet away would stack them up pretty well. In fact, I got tangled in a downed rider literally feet from the start.

Within probably the first five minutes, I'd slid sideways and off the bike for a moment, which was all the proof I needed to know this was going to be a "war of attrition."



I settled into place and decided to attempt to stay on the bike, rather than worry about jockeying for position.

After four laps, I finished in 7th out 11 riders. Still, though, I was happy to have completed the four laps without serious injury to the bike or myself.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: