Saturday, January 14, 2023

2023 Daytona Freeride (Daytona Beach, FL)



Now that I've moved onto a Yamaha Superjet (from an '88 Kawasaki 650sx), it seems that riding in the ocean has become slightly more manageable. In addition to the better watercraft, I think these events are starting to improve my skills and sense of balance in the unpredictable conditions of the ocean.



For this event, I was focusing on pacing myself in order to spend longer sessions in the water than in previous years. This strategy worked well, as I navigated the surf and sought out waves to jump here and there, rather than blasting directly into them like a madman!



As usual, I split my time between riding and filming - launching the drone into the air after each session in the surf.





Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: