Saturday, April 9, 2022

Wave Daze - Spring 2022 (Virginia Beach, VA)



This appearance marks my third time at the WaveDaze event in Virginia Beach, but only the first time that I've experienced it in the Spring.



There were two other "events" taking place while we were riding skis in the surf: College Beach Weekend & the Dredging of Rudee Inlet. The College Beach Weekend meant that we had more inquiring eyes watching the hijinx in the water and asking about the physics of it all - questions we're all more than happy to field. The second event, though, meant that the first 100ft of surf was filled with dark sediment - not exactly what you'd like to be swimming in.



I'm still nursing a muscle injury from a snowboard trip about a month ago, so climbing aboard the ski from a start was a bit difficult. I eventually figured out a way to favor my left arm in this process, which worked a bit better.



For the most part, though, I took it easy all weekend - only riding on Thursday and Saturday. The rest of the time I enjoyed watching the action from the shore, taking out the drone for several flights on Friday to document it all.



The rest of the riders were going off! Perhaps a result of waiting patiently for the season to start during the cold, snowy months of winter ;-)





Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: