Friday, December 24, 2021

Peters Mill Run (Edinburg, VA)



Knowing that I'd be driving to Winchester to celebrate Christmas with my wife's family, I scoured the internet for a possible place to ride the DRZ between there and Richmond.

What I found was an ATV/OHV area near Edinburg, VA called Peters Mill/Taskers Gap.



This trail system features 36 miles of rocky terrain. The section below Edinburg is mainly doubletrack (only wide enough for ATV's) while the section above is a full-width road with smaller chutes branching off from its main artery.



First, I explored the area below Edinburg. It was a great warmup for what lay ahead, with technical climbs and descents, while not letting myself wander too far from the starting point.

Next, I ventured to the area North of Edinburg. Although it was primarily a fireroad, I did eventually turn right onto Walters Gap Trail. This ascended to the Green Mountain Trail, which runs along the ridge of Green Mountain. Once I reached Opechee Peak, the trail descended back toward Peters Mill Run, where I could complete the circuit.





Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: