Monday, August 23, 2021

Grandview Beach (Hampton, VA)



I've been dreaming of a day on the beach with the newly-restored ski for a while now. In fact, the entire time we were at Cape Lookout, I was constantly thinking about how awesome it would be to have the ski on the beach - just waiting to be ridden in the surf.

Finally, the dream became a reality!



I scoured Google Maps for a boat ramp in close proximity to a beach. The closest that I found was the Fox Hill Boat Ramp in Hampton. Not far from the ramp are Factory Point and Grandview Beach.

Once I'd found these potential destinations, I called the Department of Game & Inland Fisheries to inquire about regulations. I was glad to find out that boats were allowed at Grandview Beach (Factory Point is off-limits due to migratory birds). Also, I was told by a ranger that we could beach our skis on the sand as long as we were mindful of other beachgoers.



I invited my friend John and his family, who arrived with their boat so we could bring all the beach essentials.



Another friend, Ben, brought his JS440 and the three of us made our way from the boat ramp to the beach, spotting a few dolphins swimming alongside us as we rounded Factory Point.



Once at the beach, we set up our canopy and spent the day playing in the water and making runs on the skis.



It was a great place to discover. At only about an hour-and-a-half drive, I think we'll be returning for sure!





Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: