Saturday, October 17, 2020

Wave Daze (Virginia Beach, VA)



The first time I took my Jet Ski out on the water, someone spotted me in the parking lot and clued me into Wave Daze - a freeride event in VA Beach held each Spring & Summer.



Although I've been wrenching more than riding this "new to me" ski, I decided to trailer the shitbox there in order to get a feel for riding in the surf - even if I am still a SUPER NOVICE on the standup!



The week prior, I yanked the engine with hopes of boring the block and rebuilding the top end. I wisely decided, though, to toss it back in so I could ride "as is" and complete the rebuild after dunking the ski in the salt water.



I'm still having issues with the ski filling itself with water. Unfortunately, the bilge pump ALSO decided to stop working, so I only got a few minutes in the water before having to bring it back in.

I'm hopeful, though, that I'll work out the rest of these issues over the winter and have a fully-functional, semi-reliable boat by next season!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

1 comment:

Carol Green said...

It's a shitbox all right. You are a very patient man