Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Badlands National Park (South Dakota)



I'll typically take any chance possible to visit a new national park, and this most recent work trip to Watertown, South Dakota was no different.



I was visiting Worthington Industries in Watertown to test their operator cabs on two of the Morooka machines we produce. For each test, the "crush frame" and cab must be rigged, then cooled to -20 degrees Celsius. This process takes just over a day to complete, which gave me a decent amount of downtime to explore.



Although Watertown is roughly 250 miles from the Badlands, I jumped at the opportunity, driving the 5 hours as soon as I'd completed a conference call with Morooka on the morning of one of the "setup/teardown" days.



It was well worth the effort! I was blown away by the colors within the park, even on a dreary, overcast day.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: