Sunday, April 15, 2018

Shenandoah University (Cool Springs Campus, Berryville, VA)



Rebecca and I visited her hometown of Winchester, VA this weekend and had a chance to ride at Shenandoah University's Cool Spring Campus.

On our first attempt, we ended up riding the loop in the opposite direction. About a third of the way in, we decided to back-track, since we had plans to meet her brother and father for dinner that night and didn't have time to complete the full loop.



The next morning, however, I decided to return to the campus to get in the full ride before breakfast. The previous day we'd worn the dogs out and Rebecca had no issue sleeping in while I rode, so I headed to the trailhead alone to attempt the ride once again. This time I had the mtbProject app running in order to navigate the loop without issue.

It was a GRUELING climb, but honestly a bit of suffering I was content to undergo. Although the loop is relatively short (about 12 miles), its pace is slow due to the extent of steep climbs.



Eventually, though, it began to even out, offering technical descents and spectacular sliding corners around tight-packed trees.

I'm certainly going to revisit this trail the next time we head to Winchester and would highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

Relive 'Shenandoah University - full loop'



Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: