Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Big Sky (Montana)



During my second day in Montana, I decided to ride at the Big Sky Resort.



With three lifts running during the summer, access to the sprawling trail network was impressive. The two high-speed chairs were running at full speed, a welcome change from most resorts that slow the cables during the summer season.



My favorite trails trails were "Snake Charmer" and "Joker Lips" - two tracks featuring jumps and berms over technical rock gardens. I did ride plenty of other trails, but the layer of loose dirt created a feeling of unpredictability, so I quickly returned to the more heavily-ridden jump lines.

On my way to the airport that afternoon, I stopped along US Highway 191 to take a dip in the Gallatin River before heading east.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow

No comments: